Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
140g (1 cup) pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm diced pieces
4 x 150g salmon fillets, boned
1 tsp olive oil
240g (2 cups) green beans, trimmed and halved
1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large lebanese cucumber, peeled and sliced into thin (1/2 cm) wedges
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
25g (3 tbsp) small black olives, pitted and sliced
1 head mignonette lettuce, torn or shredded
1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
1 tsp olive oil
½ tbsp red wine vinegar
4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill the bottom of a steamer with 5cm of water. Bring to the boil and cook the
pumpkin for 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat and allow the
pumpkin to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the salmon skin side down for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cover and set aside to rest while the salad is being prepared.
3. Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanch beans for 1 minute. Refresh under cold water.
4. In a serving bowl combine the onion, cucumber, tomato, beans, olives, lettuce, basil and just warm pumpkin.
5. Mix the olive oil with vinegar and toss the salad with the dressing.
6. Divide the salad evenly between 4 plates. Place the eggs on top of the salad and gently tear each salmon fillet over each serving. Serve with black pepper to taste.
1 Serve =
2 units protein
0.75 unit fats
2.5 units vegetables
This recipe features in the Fast/Fresh/Flexi Cookbook, available in store for every new starter on The Flexi Program.
Pick up a Flexi shake pack in store, or book a FREE Impromy consultation at your local pharmacy. Find your closest participating pharmacist on our store locator.