Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and finely diced
2 small zucchinis, diced
1 large leek, trimmed and sliced
240g (2 cups) green beans, trimmed and halved
250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
500ml (2 cups) reduced salt vegetable stock
1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped (1 tbsp reserved for serving)
1 bunch tarragon sprigs, remove leaves from the stems
250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
800g firm white fish (such as barramundi, ling or snapper)
Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrot, fennel, zucchini, leek and green beans. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
2. Add wine and cook for 4 minutes until alcohol has cooked off. Add stock, parsley, tarragon leaves and tomatoes to saucepan.
3. Place fish fillets in the cooking liquid in the saucepan so that they are partially
submerged. Cook, covered, for 8 minutes or until fish is just done.
4. Transfer fish fillets to the serving bowls and serve with the vegetables and ladle over spoonfuls of the cooking liquid.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper to serve.
1 Serve =
2 units protein
1 unit fats
2.5 units vegetables
This recipe features in the Fast/Fresh/Flexi Cookbook, available in store for every new starter on The Flexi Program.
Pick up a Flexi shake pack in store, or book a FREE Impromy consultation at your local pharmacy. Find your closest participating pharmacist on our store locator.